4/21/2006

Anatomy Of A Song #5: Taking Care Of Business

And now, in time-honored fashion, "I Could Try" is placed on the back burner for two or three days as I am compelled to engage in musical commerce for peanuts. Soulfinger, and this weekend a couple of day-sessions for a Jack Douglas (Aerosmith/Lennon) project that I mentioned a couple of months ago as a maybe-goer.

Looks like I'm to do vocals as well. Maybe I'll get discovered.

I fucking hope not. See, that'll delay work on "I Could Try" yet more. Songs as ambitious and crafty and loving as "I Could Try" would have absolutely nothing to do with anything like this.

No, my priorities are quite balanced, thank you. Trust me.

4 Comments:

Blogger XTCfan said...

I hope you do get discovered. Then maybe lots of people will hear "I Could Try." That would be good.

WV: pccgaydi
Make your own joke

5:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You mean THE Jack Douglas!??!
.
Dude I am so super-impressed I'm busting out of my lcyras

4:54 AM  
Blogger Bobby Lightfoot said...

'fan- I suspect my Discovery will resemble that of Macchu Picchu more than anything else.

General SIR:

That was my first belly-laugh of, I suspect, many, many belly laughs today.

The humor for me derives mostly from your complete non-plussedness at my lame ass namedropping of someone who was of marginal renown when we were twelve. Bravo.

I could only ever hope to roll in the cast-off pubes of *this* Jack Douglas.

1:06 PM  
Blogger The Viscount LaCarte said...

I'm with Simon.

Can't wait to hear this one!

5:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home