3/30/2005

All of my favorite records came out in 1979 Part Twelve


Home of the rock anthem classics "Love Reign Oe'er Me" and "The Real Me", The Who's Quadrophenia was all the rage in 1979. That is, when you could take your headphones off long enough to put it on because there's so much great music that you can't stop listening and you start to go hungry and you start eating paint chips because otherwise you'd have to stop listening to all that great 1979 music and you'd have to go out and get a hoagie. A Hoagie. You'd have to jump on out for a few to catch a Hoagie. And some pierogi. And a tall, cool hiball glass full of rendered shoe polish 'cause eatin' a Hoagie gonna give you a powderful thirst lemme tell you right now Sunny Jimm with your Hoagieeeee

See, THAT is what I blog for.
That is just mental. I mean, what is my problem? What is wrong with me that I would write that? Oh- I know- it's just a touch of 1979 ROCKED LIKE NO OTHER sickness. It'll pass. Yeah, there... see? I'm fine now.

All I had to do was turn on VH1 for a second.

 Posted by Hello

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Quadrophenia came out in about '74 there bud. Maybe the movie version came out about '79.

6:22 PM  
Blogger Bobby Lightfoot said...

See? This is what I'm talking about. I almost did this with Rust Never Sleeps. 'Cause of the movie.

what's really unforgivable is just a couple of days before this post I credited the Who with saving my life. Or maybe that gives me license.

Oh, what do i know. I was 14.

10:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home