6/06/2005

Potatoe.



I gotta vocab lesson from Dribbleya this weekend. Went like this:

"(Amnesty International) is disassembling. Um, that means lying."

If this guy sold weed I could see his value. Sell some weed, George. Stop using it all yerself. I'm in for a eighth. The drummer wants a quahter o-z. No, we trust you- it looks real good. Don't mind if we don't stick around to sample it. Places to be. Fuckface.

Oh- definitely give Cheney some. Then why'nt you guys all strip and do a conga down the Mall.

And then shoot yourselves. Or whatever it takes to stop talking.

And stop disassembling. The Body Politic.

I know, I know, I'm demanding. Tell you what- ignore everything except the shooting yourselves part, you disassembling Gulagists.

Hee hee- "The Disassembling Gulagists". Triple bill with The Harridans and The Dandelion Milkshake.

Tonight only. No blacks no dogs no irish no democrats.

Oh, by the way, if you've never heard the workd "dissembling" I wouldn't worry about it. It's been out of use in anything but propaganda and politicalspeak for I don't know how long. You hafta read Hawthorne and Poe ("Villains! Dissemble no more! Here, beneath the floorboards is the beating of his hideous HEEEARRRTTTT.") to hear the word.

So, y'know, there's lots of words I don't know, but see, I'm not making speeches AS THE LEADER OF THE FREE GOD FUCKING DAMN FUCK SHIT GLORX PLAGGGHHH CGHU FUCKING FREE WORLD.

Ahem.

The Founding People would put this little ferret through such a Paddlewheel. The spinning of old corpses in graves is putting the GODDAMN PLANET OFF KILTER.

Oh, and people in the record industry? All you A&R fucks? The Killers and The Bravery are NOT UNIQUE AND TRAILBLAZING NEW VOICES. Jesus fucking christ.

See, I really don't care what you do in your gayass little industry to hawk your mayonaise and ass spray. I'm into making really, really good music for people, and that's pretty much the deal. Folks want to buy it, I'll sell them a CD. It's America. It's just, these folks aren't immune to your dissembling and it makes it tough for me to put across something that is, oh, unique and trailblazing when they think Hot Hot Heat invented the 4/4 drum beat. Yeah? We clear? I mean, you have your place, too, in our great ecomony. You guys sell lovely robot music for lovely robots. That leaves a big market for the rest of us, so thanks.

"The Lovely Robots". Double bill with Mayonaise and Ass Spray. No mullets.

Jesus, guys are STILL doing that fucking hairdo where you shave the sides and leave that top long with the pony tail? Y'know, like the goddamn Days of The New cut? Wow. I thought this was the Information Age. I thought every white trash dude knew that Puddle Of Mudd died in a tractor crash in like '02.

Wow, I gotta use more of this stuff on stage. Instead of just LUGE-ING through HOURS of tight and passionate GROOVES.

I dreamt that I was playing a show and I was pogoing and this bouncer came and asked for my I.D. and said "no pogoing for 40-year olds."

Yeah. Publish Post, dog. Publish Post.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have music to sell?

How much to buy and how to buy, Mr Lightfoot?

5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home