12/11/2005

TELL me this isn't what Lennon would look like now.


I found an ancient MAD Magazine from 1964 in a drawer in a motel in Minnesota. It had a bunch of yux about those kooky new Beatles.

In a "where are they now?" spoof, they had Lennon killed by fans in NYC. I shit you not.

What would John be doing now? Would he be a judge on American Idol or would have have a reality show or some crap? "Life With The Lennons"? Politix maybe? "Free As A Bird" would've sounded better.

I wish he was still around but when I was 15 and he biffed it I figured one less hippy. Remind me of THAT next time I complain about kids today being idiots. I was into th' Pistols. Forgive me. We were all 15 once. I was maybe a little fifteenier.

I didn't get it until later. The little thing about th' Pistols owing him everything. Whenever the bands I loved started running out of ideas they always started sounding more and more like him. The source.


One thing I CAN tell you: he'd be fucking PISSED. GUY WOULD BE GRADE-A BULLSHIT OVER WHAT'S GOING ON NOW.

Think how great the fucking Anthology would have been. Jesus. If the CIA hadn't fucking taken Lennon out.

5 Comments:

Blogger Neil Shakespeare said...

Yeah, it would be damn interesting to hear what he'd have to say if he was still around. He'd probably have a blog.

7:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Shurely that's a photo of Eminem's dad?

nffenzfx - the drug you need to take when you're depressed about the word verification words getting longer and losing their potential for witty comment.
(or - alternatively - Neil Finn's effects pedals)

8:10 AM  
Blogger Kevin Wolf said...

God, I hadn't really thought of that. Lennon would be righteously pissed.

Like all those other musicians. You know, uh, that guy, uh - I'm sure there's somebody - give me a minute...

mogpcujk - mod vs punks in Norway

4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CIA? Ha! It is to laugh. Indeed, it was I -- part of a little game I play with my friends...

5:10 PM  
Blogger The Viscount LaCarte said...

If he wasn't killed they would have killed him.

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home