5/23/2006

Anatomy Of A Song #14: The Royal Scam

That's right, my friends- there is no "I Could Try". There's some hastily burned 4-part harmonies and a large brick of cocaine. Jesus, what some people will do to pass th' time.

No, seriously- I'm up to my ass in sundry shit and I still chastise myself for a fucking lout for not getting this done.

I've scored beautiful, majestic trumpet parts and now simply need to get off my arse and do th' session. Too bad I'm for four nights starting Friday. Fuck. Next week for sure. Maybe I'll wake up with a wild hair tomorrow and make the call. Maybe th' trumpetists will have an hour magically open tomorrow evening or that. Sure.

Talk about a buildup to nothin', huh? I shoulda remembered how a recording can stop dead when it's lead vocal time and your voice is terminally at 50% from gigging nonstop. We'll get her done. Middle-a-next week latest.

Screw it- here's th' rhodes solo. This follows eight bars of piano-trumpet back 'n' forth at the fade.

4 Comments:

Blogger XTCfan said...

Bobby hit me with that Fender Rhodes!

Nice. Love the bass-n-drum interplay, sleigh bells, handclaps ... all dat shit.

10:10 AM  
Blogger The Viscount LaCarte said...

Nice. Cool little bass'n'space in there too!

11:18 AM  
Blogger Kevin Wolf said...

I feel like it's summer, 1973, maybe. I like it.

8:21 PM  
Blogger d$ said...

humm.. the hyoid.. it's one of my favorites.

11:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home