5/02/2006

Me And Kim Gordon

Goddamnit if I'm not always running into Kim Gordon from Sonic Youth. She and Sonic guitarist Thurston Moore are married and live in Northampton. I walked by her on the street a couple of times and I ran into her at th' Salvation Army in Hadley.

It's weird because she'll do like a little misstep like she's anticipating me recognizing her; I guess I'm the right age and am sufficiently pierced and bleached. Like I'm going to ask her for an autograph or some crap. Yo Kim I didn't ask for Flea's autograph or Chris Martin's or Scott Weiland's or Perry Ferrell's or Dave Navarro's or fuckin' Matt Sorum's or Chris Cornell's or Snoop Dogg's or Andy Partridge's or Colin Moulding's or Ringo Starr's when I ran into them either so I reckon I'm all set.

I always got the impression that Thurston might be sort of a childish, wanky guy- like he'd laugh at your record collection. Kim is an amazing bassist, though.

Just kidding.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bobby Lightfoot said...

Nice. celebrities are kuntz. 'Cept that genius carrot top.

Who's next?

1:24 AM  
Blogger roxtar said...

I've only asked for one autograph:

Elvis Costello.

People I've met and not asked for autographs:

Michael Jackson
Aerosmith
The Who
Janet Jackson
Alice Cooper
Gallagher (He gave me one, anyway, and I was too polite to decline.)

Etc, etc, etc.....

P.S. Why is there a handicapped parking sticker next to the word verification box? Has that always been there?

6:55 AM  
Blogger Kevin Wolf said...

I've asked for autographs after shows. Hey, I'm a fan, not a musician. Elvis Costello, John Hiatt, and such like.

Living in NYC, though, one simply did not ask for autographs. You left the celebs alone - Joe Jackson walking down Canal Street, for instance. He's on his way somewhere, you putz. He's not out there looking to be bothered by you. Leave him the hell alone.

So I did.

9:38 AM  
Blogger XTCfan said...

Roxtar:

The handicapped icon is new -- it's for visually impaired (what we used to call "blind") 'net users who use page-reader programs.

Bobby, of course you know this means you have to get a lot more descriptive with the alt text you use on the images you post...

9:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home