6/09/2005

Bobby Lightfoot Glances At The Charts #1: I've tried so hard to like The White Stripes.



They are awesome on paper. I love the idea of the White Stripes. They seem like really cool, aware artists, especially Jack. But every time I hear them I want to scream. What the heck is my problem?

Is it...is it...

Must be because I play bass.

It's like with the Cramps. A band without bass is like a girl with no bum.

And I've been to the desert on a girl with no bum.

It felt good to get out of the sun.

I think it's more than that. I think that their songs just...sound...bad.

Nothing against bad, you know. I mean, I liked Split Enz. They're bad.

Um, I'm really uncomfortable about hating the White God Damn Stripes.

Assholes.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa there, Bobby!!

Split Enz are Bad?!?!?!?!

With their Beatle-esque melodies, Beatle-esque harmonies and the Finn brother's blindingly good songcraft, they're BAD??!?!??!

Ooooh, I might just havta email your songs right back atcha in protest. Grrr!

4:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At times I've liked the White Stripes. Really. Bought ELEPHANT and all that. Then just stopped listening to it.

Guy in the NY Times raves about the new one. I hear it and I think, so what? Haven't we been here before?

Exactly true, Bobby. Sometimes seems a better idea for a band than an actual band. Or this could just be the backlash beginning. They've gotten too popular...

Aw, hell, I don't know. And I'm starting to not care either.

9:11 AM  
Blogger Neddie said...

Also, Mrs. Stripe makes Moe Tucker look like Bernard Purdie.

11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home