7/19/2005

I Wonder What The Name Of My Psychosis Is.





















I had this thing where I couldn't stand if the door-open chime in my truck went off an odd amount of times. Didn't matter if it was 21 or 33. It would bug me and I'd have to wait for an even number to close the door.

I didn't even realize I was doing that for a few days and I couldn't figure out why until I realized my psyche was sort of hard-wired by music to be listening for a count-in. And a count-in in 4/4 is always, always even. Apparently my subconscious can become focused on a repetitive noise like that, buffer backward to count the total since it has realized the pattern and then count the repeats.

It wasn't a big deal to break once I became aware of it.

I'm still going to rip that fucking little piece of shit out of the fucking ceiling with my fucking teeth, though.

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home