4/09/2006

Footprints In Th' Sand

One night a man had a dream.
He dreamed he was walking along the beach with the LORD.
Across the sky flashed scenes from his life.

For each scene, he noticed two sets of footprints in the sand:
one belonging to him, and the other to the LORD.

When the last scene of his life flashed before him he looked back at the footprints in the sand. He noticed that many times along the path of his life there were two sets of footprints interspersed with hand prints in the sand. This really bothered him and he questioned the LORD about it: "LORD, you said that once I decided to follow you, you'd walk with me all the way. But I have noticed that during the most troublesome times in my life there are two sets of footprints and handprints" The LORD replied: "My son, My precious child, I love you and I would never leave you. During your times of trial and suffering, when you see two sets of hand prints and foot prints it is because St. Peter and St. John joined us for nude wheelbarrow races."


3 Comments:

Blogger Kevin Wolf said...

Fuck. I laughed, man.

David Cross does a version of this where the answer from Jesus is, "I was off helping other people, you selfish fuck."

pbjlbg - peanut butter and jelly in 1 pound bags

10:07 AM  
Blogger roxtar said...

And as the Lord hung from the cross, he called out, "Peter..."

And Peter approached the foot of the cross.

"Peter....."

"Yes, Lord. What is it?" spake Peter.

"Peter...I can see your house from here!"

6:03 AM  
Blogger Soundsurfr said...

OK, you got me.

LOL.

9:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home