6/19/2007

Stuff I Came Up With

1. Yeah, I came up with "...so not...". "I'm so not looking forward to 1999". I came up with "...so not..." in '98.

2. I also came up with "you go, girl". That one was in '93. I came up with that one day when I was bored and this woman was doing something I forget what but I wanted to express my support and encouragement so I came up with, "you go, girl".

3. Also, "teh". That was me in '01. I was th' first one to misspell "the" as "teh". I was lurching towards my ultimate identifier: "th'"

4. I cannot claim credit for "mother of all...". Saddam Hussein came up with that one before th' first Golf War to describe the battle that awaiting the Americans in Kuwait and Iraq. I love that it's become an American colloquialism. It's like Jews saying, "Juden Raus" or something.

5. I didn't come up with "...from hell". That was Richard Lewis in th' early '90's.

All these other ones are mine, though. YOu all owe me a fuckin' dollar.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Viscount LaCarte said...

I came up with hosepipes as in "Bush, Cheney and the rest of those hosepipes..."

And just this morning, I coined zekzj.

7:14 AM  
Blogger Boldly Serving Up Wheat Grass said...

Man, there's nothing more frustrating than watching your best ideas roll out across the country, uncredited and uncompensated. I didn't invent any catch phrases yet, but I can relate... Remember those finger exerciser gizmos for guitarists -- the little squeezy things that have a spring-loaded exerciser for each finger? I invented that in like '85 or so. Other famous inventions of mine that predated the commercial roll-out include the freezable shot glass (available for some time during the late 80s at Spencer) and the ergonomic keyboard (all the rage for a short time during the early 90s).

9:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great stuff. Beats mine ("Nice play, Moliere.")

11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home