9/09/2005

streamy guest-blog

Hey, JeddieNingo here, with a brief guesty-bloggie appearance, letting Arlen Sundry know a new feature's been instituted over in the right rail, under the "Streaming Bobby" header: A few of Bobby's musical confections have been put up for your perusal and delectation. There are many more, and as I bring Bobby up to speed on the whole HTML thing, we'll start rotating some others in there so they stay fresh.

I think these are some of the finest, maturest, most clear-eyed, musicianly songs you're going to hear this or any other year. Influences range from Stevie Wonder to Steely Dan to late Andy Partridge, and the things he does with voice-leading and chord coloration are as accomplished and assured as Bert Bacharach in his prime. I shit you not, Jackson.

I'd put some thumbsucking crap in here about personae and how the Bobby Lightfoot you're used to in this blog is only the aspect of my brother's personality that he chooses to show you -- his id, if you like -- but that's best left for the stuffy confines of my own territory, don't you think?

Welcome, instead, to the balanced, brilliantly sane, and astonishingly talented musician you haven't met yet.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Guess I'm gonna go get an iPod. Haven't needed one before now! Anon

10:38 AM  
Blogger XTCfan said...

> Mr. L is now sandwiched between Robert Fripp and Robyn Hitchcock on my iPod.<

JESUS!! Which one is he facing?!?

Good luck, Bobby.

4:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love to sandwich Mr. L but I'm not about to share those secrets!

Lori Lightfoot

6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This "Mr. L" fellow is really rather jolly good. I have been enjoying his music on my portable electronic music playing machine for a good few fortnights now.

Good show, old chap!

2:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home