6/21/2006

Oh, And By The Fuckin' Way


the thing with th' picture of dead Zarqawwi is so fucking third world tinpot scumbag. When I was a kid in fucking Oowagadoogoo I was always like I'm glad I'm from one of those countries where they don't put rebel leader's heads on pikes in the public square.

This image and this li'l circus, is to me actually the most fucked up thing in this latest fucked up "news cycle". Surely more disconcerted words have been spoken than I'm aware of.

This is so Pinochet, man. Totally Baby Doc.

I'm sure Ned will remember this chilling little book my dad had in Chile in '74- Chile- Ayer Y Hoy (Chile- Yesterday And Today). It was this twisted little bit of Pinochet/Junta propaganda put out right after th' revolution that showed how "bad" things were before and how "good" they were after th' coup.

Yeah, you used to see shit like this in th' Third World all the time. Like in Colombia where the papers would show th' latest throat-cutting techniques.

'Course, we're all living in the Third fucking World now. Ain't it grand. Like in Chile were they would have th' soccer stadium filled with dissidents and slowly off 'em. Look- here's an actual picture. No, I'm kidding- that's New Orleans.

Santiago de New Orleans.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kevin Wolf said...

Yeah, should have been clear by the end of last year that the polesmokers had succeeded in their drive to turn the US into a third world country.

They haven't perfected it yet - we ain't Haiti - but they're happy to keep plugging away.

8:29 AM  
Blogger teh l4m3 said...

Oh, but no, see, we're still the shining city on the hill until the day we actually have death squads in black SUVs disappearing people from their homes or places of work...

Um...

8:56 PM  
Blogger XTCfan said...

And people will still make excuses for why it happened! ("Well, I never did trust them, anyway ... they must have done something to deserve it! My country, right or wrong...")

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home