10/06/2005

Ol' Pal D is Right.

Read it even though I was scared of being hurt. Guy's right.

He's right.

I should have defined what an "ad" is. I think that's what it comes down to. I'm talkin' why help Microsoft or Cokey Cola for a shekel fifty. They wouldn't pull your ass out of a burning building.

Of course people should have a right to make a buck off their shit. The only reason I have any right to bitch about commerce is that I spent a generation tryin' to get on the Crap Train to no avail. Hopefully I don't come off like I'm trying to obscure that. Pisses me off no end to be so good and so talented and so completely without any sort of artistic future. Completely. I couldn't move a unit if it came with a fucking 8-ball. God damn it. And I don't think these pages would reveal an overpreponderance of self-love to any but the most casual observer.

Guy's all right to drop th' tone, dodge the thrust and make his (good) point. I reckon we're both bigger for it. Reckon he thought my attack was maybe more focused and directed than it was.

MICROSOFT

COCA COLA

5 Comments:

Blogger XTCfan said...

For the folks looking for the exchange between Ol' Pal D and Bobby, you can find it here.

Pretty damn good exchange, if I do say. And good on you for stepping up, Bob-o. I must admit it's tempting to simply say Fuck the Man and poop-pooh all attempts to reasonably combine art and commerce, but OPD has a good point ... while difficult, it is possible. And necessary.

(Tee-hee. My word-verification word is "woxofm" ... WOXO Raydeeoooohh!)

2:55 PM  
Blogger Bobby Lightfoot said...

Good point, Simon-

Now that Pal and I are at the making out stage I'm realizing he thought I was taking issue with people promoting their own blogs, as opposed to selling 'em out to Exxon. Promotion good. Every penny you make from your blig is one you don't have to suck Cheney off for.

NOT THAT I'M AGAINST SUCKING OFF CHENEY. JUST SOMEWHERE IN TH' MIDDLE BLOW HARD AND GIVE HIM AN ANYEURISM.

5:20 PM  
Blogger Bobby Lightfoot said...

xtcfan-

dude, what's the big deal with woxofm? It'll happen again 11,546,567,121 times down the road.

10.29! Music Changes!!!

5:23 PM  
Blogger XTCfan said...

10.29 ... or 29.10, given your preference. HarridansRAYDEEOH...

5:51 PM  
Blogger Neddie said...

Ahhhhh, it does my heart good to see this outcome. Bobby and Pal D (although they didn't know it while they were comparing pee-pees) are two of my favorite people in both cyber- and meatspace, and I'd sure hate to think they were on the outs.

Now then: When do we start our all-out media blitz to get a bigger audience for the Harridans at Jay's than McCartney will get at RFK?

My Secret Word: ZFWOW! which couldn't have been done better if it had been typed by Dave Barry.

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home