3/26/2006

Sunday. March 26. 2006. 4:40 AM

Sometimes when I stop and think about what a fucking cock-up I've made of myself, the foolish assumptions I've made, the hubris I've fallen prey to, the oceans of mud and piss and blood I've dragged myself through to no end- oh, it's appalling. When I look around and the world o' men and the greed 'n' waste and suffering and how we're repayed for our highest callings with a fuckin' pine box- oh, it's a dragola. Sometimes when I'm literally doubled over at the excruciatory cramping that results from th' SHAME AND HUMILIATION AND SHEER SELF-CONTEMPT AND SADNESS AND WASTE AND ALL TH' CRAP THAT WILL NEVER BE, NEVER BE, NEVER BE- oh, my droogies it's a bad, bad trip indeed. One of those trips where everybody's six-four and wearin' aviator glasses and staring at you. Urgh.

And when at length I unbind myself from the muscle spasms and bloating and irritability brought on by nothinghood and how jackfuck happens when you wish on a star, and I summon the courage to face myself in the mirror, well, at least there's this- at least there's that 18-year old me starin' back, his face unlined and his bearing straight, unbent by th' inevitable.

And he's saying you fucking asshole. Oh, you fucking Willy Lomax.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is EXACTLY what I've been searching for.

Thanks moonbat.

3:56 PM  
Blogger Kevin Wolf said...

Friend o'mine IM'ed me this a.m.: Was there ever a second side of an album as good as Abbey Road? I admitted that nothing was coming to mind.

Go, Robert, and put Abbey Road on - best if you have the vinyl and a turntable. You'll feel better.

Beats taking a handful of rxlmenyf.

8:47 AM  
Blogger XTCfan said...

You are no Willie Lomax, my man. And you know it. That's something you can hold on to.

3:24 PM  
Blogger The Viscount LaCarte said...

Kevin's right.

gxgxpnx Shit that's a good one but I got nothing to say...

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home