2/26/2007

No Need To Talk It Out, We Know What It's All About


Yeah, Paul Williams wrote this along with Roger Nichols back in 1971 but it was th' Carpenter siblings who launched it into the stratosphere of Eternal Pop Greatness.

And it is I who croaketh it herewith through the phlegm of a nasty but gradually abating February illness. I could have waited a few days but it's not like th' song is called "Rainy Days And Thursdays", you know?

Get out your Brady Bunch lunchboxes and have another bowl of Quisp- it's time for

"Rainy Days And Mondays"

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's one scary looking muppet in that picture. The blue thing's a bit frightening too...

7:29 AM  
Blogger Larry Jones said...

I'd be careful with this one. Audiences can turn on you.

4:03 PM  
Blogger Bobby Lightfoot said...

Ha ha ha! Ouch, dude.

4:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paul Williams looks like Sam Kinison. or he did. both of them.

reoboz

9:39 AM  
Blogger The Viscount LaCarte said...

No irony here - I was there when this was on the radio and I was too young to think the song was lame, but old enough to hear what Karen brought to the lyric.

Good is good, and you know how to find it.

I'll listen to this one many times.

8:25 AM  
Blogger bobby lightfoot said...

Al- recorded the live drums for the new "Easy Winter" last night- crazy. I tracked two songs live to guide tracks. Thought I was going to have a coronary. It rocked.

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home