2/17/2007

Th' Best Of Lightfoot: Master Cartoonist

Look, man- I got a big run of Soulfinger shows going, O.K.? I don't have time to sit here and putz around with my existential dread and my coffees. My many, many coffees. Man, I have to drive. Drive and sing and play th' Fender Rhodes. Night after cold, lonely, Cuervo Gold-soaked night, baby. Because that's how it is. Vermont, CT, CT, VT, MA.

But man, I can't look at that deep-fried chicken head anymore. You?

Hey- let's revisit my cartoon genius, shall we? It's about time for a greatest hits package. Man, are you in for a polesmokin' treat. It's all the best! All the best of Lightfoot's Recaptioned New Yorker Cartoons! Man did I have some fun back in '05 with this shit. Diggez vous.







This is actually sort of what it's like.











To Know Thyself...


















Yeah, you say that now.

















Poor bastard's in for it now.






















A favorite.

















Totally a favorite.


















The Best One. I experimented with "it was like getting thrown down a hallway!" but I couldn't make it scan.














I did a series where I showed my brilliant Process by having this one up with three different captions before arriving at this urbane and tasteful final draft.





















Literary references!


















Everything is relative, this seems to imply.


















Yeahhh....kind of coasting here.














Heh.




















Um, uh. Yeah.















Does this work? Sure it does. Works real good.

b
b
b
b
b
b
b
b
b
b
b
b
b
b
b

6 Comments:

Blogger The Viscount LaCarte said...

Funny, but when I saw the nature of this post, I immediately thought of The Best One and indeed it is my favorite.

3:15 PM  
Blogger mdhatter said...

The pearly gates is my favorite. Very bad children indeed.

2:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

classics. they should be surreptitiously tacked-up in break-rooms across the land.

pnfsdwjw!

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heh heh heh. Your darn blog has been about the only floater in my shit-cocktail weekdays over the past coupla weeks, so do please keep on dragging yourself to the (other) keyboard from time to time. I'm loving the music too.
My damn config won't let me log in and leave you a real comment (tried a million times) but this is Rachael, from smallgreensprouts.

4:08 PM  
Blogger bobby lightfoot said...

Beyond- Oh, man. What a wealth. I love fuckin' Perry Bible. Oh, this is great. It's like Christmas. Thanks.

"Darn", Rachael? "Damn", Rachael? Eh?

On my family-friendly blog?

C'est un plaisir de flotter en votre cocktail de merde.............

Thanks girl------------clap on, clap off.

10:23 PM  
Blogger Sean said...

No one in this bog-forsaken building laughs his cheeseburger out his nose at lunchtime. Except me, reading those. Now they *know* I'm not one of them. Thank you.

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home