2/26/2007

Ripass Fuckin' Stink

Yeh, know I posted this a couple of months back but I just cued it up a time or two and it blew the ol' hair back pretty good.

This is th' project I've been doing with Joe Cifarelli, "Gypsies Watching TV"(??), where he brings in songs, I produce 'em and sing 'em, and he does bitchass guitar overdubs.

We've been working on a couple of new ones, a slow-burner minor blues called "Lonely 'Round Here" and a "Miserlou"-ish rocker called "Arabella". Meanwhile he's been putting them on garbageband where they are doing a brisk business and winning all th' awards.

"Delta Blues" just rips my shit and I hope it does yours as well or else I look th' tosser. It's just really smelly and earthy and I sing the ripass shit out of it and Joe scribbles motherfuckin' magic on it. The acid slide-over-the-pickups stunt guitar shit is actually me, believe it or not, but he's doing all the Mayall on it. Speaking of believe-it-or-not, I actually played this drum track too which shocks me with its decentness.

Time will tell on the Johnson samples. I integrated them in a way that they could be pulled without hurting the song if they end up being too gross.

Don't read th' retarded reviews.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Andre said...

Nice! Maybe you can eleborate on why the gypsies are watching tv and not dancing to the Delta Blues.

2:14 PM  
Blogger Bobby Lightfoot said...

One word, man- "24".

2:43 PM  
Blogger The Viscount LaCarte said...

Delta Blues rocks.

Nice job Bobby.

8:36 AM  
Blogger Boldly Serving Up Wheat Grass said...

I like the Johnson samples... wouldn't touch them.

BTW, I think I like The Show best of the whole set, esp. right around 2:30 where it kicks in heavier. As usual, too bad I'm at work and can't crank it.

4:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home