2/15/2006

"Matinee" outtakes #3: Of Course If I Were Ever To Cover A Song It Would Be McCartney.


And it would have to be off band on the run. And it would have to be one of those lost gems that people hear and it all comes flooding back. And I'd want to do it with a Pet Sounds-era Wrecking Crew intro and lots of swirling organ and I'd make it a bossa nova with a piano solo. And plenty of bitchin' harmonies. The ultimate Arch Marble rainy day project.

This was tracked in '03 as part of a demo for small trio gigs.

Might as well acknowledge where I steal it all from anyway.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Viscount LaCarte said...

Really nice remake.

I have trouble with any song that has Linda loud in the mix. It isn't just the fact that she really couldn't sing, although that is main reason. It was also the fact that Paul basically compromised his music (I guess) because John did so first. Don't even get me started down that path.

A real dark horse (ahem) McCartney track is "Some People Never Know" (again marred by Linda) from "Wild Life." And why "Tomorrow" was not huge still remains a mystery. Oh yeah, Linda's "oooh oooh ooh oohs" might have something to do with it.

8:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so there's a thread that we kind of started in true rock and roll guerrila fashion over at Pandagon and I must warn you that someone ripped Wings and then someone else ripped Andy Partridge! FOR THE LOVE!


uswfbeet

another govt. agency run by hacks from the beet industry

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home